14.1.09

Solution: How Do I Record Audio From YouTube

This is in response to an email I recieved:

Dear Quinternet, I need a music file from a YouTube video and I know there's a YouTube downloader that does this, which one should I use and how do I use it?

Recording audio from YouTube is surprisingly easy with the use of the freeware program Audacity. Audacity is a small audio editing program with many features and functions but I'm only going to detail the recording from the web functionality today. First things first, download Audacity here. Once installed open Audacity as well as whichever YouTube or online video you would like hi-jack in a browser. Here are some screen caps to help you through the process.


Now the audio of the video you just played in your browser will be saved in MP3 format to your computer. Hopefully this answers your question, let me know if this tutorial was helpful for you.

Update - After some trial and error I have found Stereo Mix may not be a selectable option for everyone in which case choose the Wave Out or Wave Mix option. Also in order to encode in MP3 format you will need to download the LAMEMp3 codec from the LAME website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment